Many, many small business owners realize the importance of a web presence in order to compete. Particularly, in any consumer-facing business if you do not have some sort of website you are sure to lose market share (and with growing frequency an expectation to have a 'mobile' version of your website).
Websembly represents skilled technology experts who recognize the tools available for effective web-related services and how to best leverage them. And there are numerous very useful tools and services available for NO COST. It is our goal - and our 'community service' mission to help unite struggling business owners with these great services and capabilities that are simply waiting to be utilized. We do this with no expectation of compensation and as a service to the community and our country.
Examples of the type of powerful tools and services include
- Virtual telephone number - publish a number that, when called, will ring any number of your staff cellphones. You can screen calls, accept voice messages and never is your personal number revealed. Furthermore, you are not tied down to that number (and phone service provider) for fear of the change in your 'public' phone number.
- Call Me service on your website - a visitor to your website can click a special link that will call that virtual number and be connected to a member of your staff.
- Proper business email address - whenever you hand out a business card with your GMail or Yahoo email address it screams "I AM A SMALL BUSINESS - WORKING OUT OF MY GARAGE". Take on the persona of a larger organization with email address(es) within your company domain name
- Web Analytics - Statistical information showing what type of people are visiting your website, what times of day, and how they are navigating (which pages are being viewed and in what order).
- Quick Response Code - Have you seen those square "barcodes" that allow a mobile phone to connect directly to a website? They are called QRCodes and you can have one (or many) of your own
- You on YouTube - 'Social Marketing' through YouTube is not complex and costs nothing
- Email contact form - A Web Developer or Web Designer can construct a sophisticated website for you, with all the forms and features. But, unless you are Amazon or eBay all you need is a simple "Contact Us" form.
- Taking payments/orders online - It requires complex systems that can cost a lot of money to manage a Shopping Cart system and Credit Card payments. But you can accept payments and orders on your website in a more limited fashion with a few great free tools.